Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ah yes I recall my favorite shirt of junior high that states FOOTBALL IS LIFE the rest if just details. Well put in my opinion. I grew up in a Steelers household, and I raise my son in a Steeler household. “I bleed black and gold”, I've used that term too many times as I once heard my Uncle state in to an obnoxious Browns fan in line at Wendy's Hamburger. I grew up in a great football place... N/W Ohio seated in the Pitt vs Clev. games, The “big one” Ohio State vs Mich. (Go Bucks!) and one of the fiercest high school rivalries in the state, my alma matter Maumee vs my Dads alma matter Perrysburg. Through these rivalries and after playing the game myself as a naive young boy I learned many things in this world that can not be taught in the “outside” world. Tradition, Honor, Toughness, Justice and the utter distaste and disgust for the “other guys”. I know coach this wonderful game. I cant leave it, I love every second of any game. The drama, the sights, the sounds, the smells... and of course the hits. The ultimate good vs evil match-up. The ultimate chess match!

No comments: