Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Meadow, Hed (PE)

This is one of my favorite songs of all time. I've had countless people tell me since my split from my wife that they haven't seen "me" in years. They were right, I wasn't nearly the same person I used to be. I wasn't happy or even pleasant to be around a lot of times. That became one of my goals was to do the things that made me happy and to find myself again. This song makes me feel like the Lost-Zach was looking back and talking to the Real-Zach. 


"The Meadow"
I don't ask why, I just fall into the meadow
I close my eyes , and wait to die
Yes, I am a liar
Yes, I am a sinner
Please forgive my broken soul

But I've got nowhere else to go
They've made this world so hard
If I had somewhere else to go
I could be a star like you
Special like you
A star like you
Special like you

And all those picture frames around you
I saw you with friends
All those busters hang around you
I asked you to dance
I can't take you home tonight
No, I can't be your man
I know why you here tonight
You in a fight with your man

But I've got nowhere else to go




No comments: